Monday, December 17, 2012

Lindsay Nohl : Olive Flowers

oliveflower_lindsaynohl__sm_cropped
Close-up of the inked detail

I have been spending quite a bit of time working in my sketchbook these days. I spent my Friday night sketching away amongst a bunch of talented people. We worked through the night on our different projects and I found myself craving a little bit of hands-on art making rather than my purely digital process.

I did a pattern the 'good ol fashioned way' this time, where I inked each layer separately, then compiled them together in the computer and colored them.

oliveflower_lindsaynohl__sm
The repeat tile

I'm really enjoying letting the inky brush strokes show on these and backed by a dark background you really see it.

This pattern is inspired by the olive flower. I really like the shape of the leaves more than anything, so I did something a little viney -- reminiscent of a wall paper pattern.

oliveflower_lindsaynohl_rptd_sm
And here it is repeated

No comments:

Post a Comment