Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Llew Mejia: Cosmic Cosmos Flowers


Cosmos flowers are awesome, although to me they kind of resemble other flowers we have done, they are unique in the way their petals get pointy at the end, its a nice lil shape. For this pattern I really wanted to focus on doing an entire pattern with just the pen tool, and I don't think it turned out too bad, although it took me forever...it was like watching any Lord of the Rings movie on repeat...

 I thought maybe there was a mystical reason for naming this plant Cosmos, but apparently it was just because all the petals were equally proportionate to each other and the center of the flower. The name of the flower stems from the Greek word Cosmos meaning harmony, pretty interesting I guess, but because I am ignorant I made it into an occult thing instead and just threw some eyes on there!

Similar to the Googly Eyes Gardener from SNL, if you like Christopher Walkin, (which if you don't, I can't talk to you any longer), then it's worth a watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment