Monday, January 21, 2013

Lindsay Nohl: Graphite Lotus

EgyptianLotus_LindsayNohl_Rpt2

Hello again. I've been considering how to do this pattern all day and finally bit the bullet and committed to something a little more complex and more process intensive than some of my usual patterns. I have had a great time lately drawing in my sketchbook with graphite and carbon pencil and wanted to try something today involving that process.

Here's a Egyptian Lotus flower in a limited negative space pattern. I've seen other types of lotus flowers on my trips up north to my grandparents' cabin a couple times. I remember going on canoe trips with my dad early in the morning so we could catch a glimpse of the open lotus flowers before the mid-day sun made them close back up.

It's been a couple years since I've had that experience, and it may be many more years before I get that experience again. At least I remember it fondly.

1 comment:

  1. stunning, Lindsay! impressed too by this technique in a pattern. would love to hear more about the class you're prepping.

    ReplyDelete