Monday, January 28, 2013

Lindsay Nohl : Vanilla Flower, winding.

VanillaFlower_LindsayNohl_pattern
Tried something new tonight!

So - here's another new approach to pattern-making. I'm teaching a class in a couple weeks and I've been trying all of these new ways of putting patterns together. It's been a blast trying to figure it out but it was definitely a challenge!

I tried a pattern with a couple layers this time - large foliage in the background, and smaller bits in the front. There are actually three layers that went into this and surprisingly, I started with some swirly vine things and went from there!

I had a great time making it - sorry for the huge size, but I had to make a tall one to make it work! Hopefully it just makes the detail easier to see.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment