Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Llew Mejia: So Metal

This week I made a pretty metal pattern, well I guess it's just the lightning bolts really? I don't know but either way its been good trying to figure out more how to use this style of making patterns, some gradients and textures and stuff to add up into a real collage-y type of pattern with some airbrush looking effects. It's got an alright repeat from far away though, so I think all in all it's another experiment that I actually liked in the end.

Also Egyptian art of any sort is the shit, plus mummies are awesome and speaking of which our guest this week is an avid mummy drawer so you will have to tune in for his pattern at the end of the week!

2 comments:

  1. Lew: LOVE this pattern. can you PLEASE tell us how you made the rough airbrush texture? pleaeeeze?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nicky ya its just a texture in illustrator in textures, it's just called grain pretty cool huh?

      Delete